View all memberships via API

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
IPOInS

View all memberships via API

Post by IPOInS »

I know discussions have been raised before about which way group memberships can be assigned such as assigning a host to a hostgroup or vice versa. The CCM does of course show if an object relationship exists elsewhere which helps in these situations, the problem is that the API output doesn't provide the same information. In order to know if something is a member of a group you have to query both the object (host/service) and the group.

Is there some existing API call/parameter that I've missed which can provide this or could this be raised as a feature request?

Thanks
benjaminsmith

Re: View all memberships via API

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @IPOInS ,
Is there some existing API call/parameter that I've missed which can provide this or could this be raised as a feature request?
Good question. An enhancement request for this kind of functionality in the API, retrieving the full object relationship, has been submitted. While I don't have any timeframe as to if or when it will be implemented, it is on our radar.

Appreciate the feedback and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!