Unable to finish Config Wiz for Windows Server

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
daviddief

Unable to finish Config Wiz for Windows Server

Post by daviddief »

Hi,

Seem to be running into an error on last step on config wiz for Windows Server using NCPA. Tokens and all that work fine and it pulls values and services from the server during setup but gets to the end and is unable to save it off. I looked in the logs and see this info and so checked that import folder and see nothing at all in there. Folder owner is Apache and has same perms as surrounding folders. Not sure where else to look for clues. ???

2021-04-16 13:28:49 Subsystem INFO system localhost Submitted COMMAND_BPI_SYNC (ID=1150) to cmdsubsys
2021-04-16 13:28:11 Core Config Manager MODIFY system localhost File imported - File [overwrite flag]: /usr/local/nagios/etc/import/cNRcCQRU.tmp.cfg [1]
2021-04-16 13:28:10 Core Config Manager MODIFY system localhost File imported - File [overwrite flag]: /usr/local/nagios/etc/import/somerandomserver.local.com.cfg [1]
2021-04-16 13:28:06 User Interface INFO username 10.10.10.10 Submitted COMMAND_NAGIOSCORE_APPLYCONFIG (ID=17) to cmdsubsys
2021-04-16 13:25:46 User Interface SECURITY username 10.20.10.10 Logged in
dchurch

Re: Unable to finish Config Wiz for Windows Server

Post by dchurch »

daviddief wrote:I looked in the logs and see this info and so checked that import folder and see nothing at all in there.
This is to be expected; the "import" folder is a temporary folder it creates during the course of updating your configuration database. It shouldn't be saved.
daviddief wrote:but gets to the end and is unable to save it off.
What makes you think it's unable to save the configuration? Did it give any error messages?

If you PM me a system profile I can diagnose further. Get one by going to Admin (top menu) => System Profile (in the left menu), then clicking the blue button.

If you're unable to generate the the profile through the web interface, please try generating it from the command line by running these commands as root:

Code: Select all

rm -rf /usr/local/nagiosxi/var/components/profile*
/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/components/getprofile.sh SUPPORT
Then send me the resulting /usr/local/nagiosxi/var/components/profile.zip file.
If the profile script fails, please include the ENTIRE output.
If you didn't get an 8% raise over the course of the pandemic, you took a pay cut.

Discussion of wages is protected speech under the National Labor Relations Act, and no employer can tell you you can't disclose your pay with your fellow employees.
daviddief

Post by daviddief »

Hey,

Looks like things are okay now after running the repair_databases script and then performing the delete/write/verify steps. Probably just had not done that in a while so running just fine now. Any guidance on running the steps above as a preventive measure quarterly or just leave it alone?
dchurch

Post by dchurch »

You could convert the crashed tables to InnoDB.

InnoDB supports ACID compliance, as well as more modern (unused in Nagios) DMBS features such as transactions and foreign keys. The only drawback is it tends to be slower than the MyISAM table type.

If you keep having problems with crashed tables, I'd recommend this option.

The syntax to do this is:

Code: Select all

alter table <table name> engine = InnoDB;
If you didn't get an 8% raise over the course of the pandemic, you took a pay cut.

Discussion of wages is protected speech under the National Labor Relations Act, and no employer can tell you you can't disclose your pay with your fellow employees.