Upgraded from 5.7.3 to 5.8.3 Degraded

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
dscrimpsher

Upgraded from 5.7.3 to 5.8.3 Degraded

Post by dscrimpsher »

The server is on Ubuntu 20.04. I upgraded to 5.8.3 and now on the System Status page the Monitoring Engine and Performance Grapher have a red status. I also have a red status in the top and bottom bars in the browser. The server seems to be working normally. It is performing all its checks normally.
Capture7.PNG
The Monitoring Engine Status Page looks normal.
Capture8.PNG
I can click on the gear and then start then a notice pops up that says Command Completed Successfully.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thank you,
Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gsmith

Re: Upgraded from 5.7.3 to 5.8.3 Degraded

Post by gsmith »

Hi,

Please send me a system profile so I can investigate.

To send us your system profile.
1. Login to the Nagios XI GUI using a web browser.
2. Click the "Admin" > "System Profile" Menu
3. Click the "Download Profile" button
4. Save the profile.zip file and share this a private message and then reply to this post to bring it up in the queue.

Thanks
gsmith

Post by gsmith »

Hi,

When I loaded your system profile I couldn't apply the configuration because there were errors. Once I
cleaned up the errors and got the configuration to apply successfully the Monitoring Engine and Performance
Grapher went green.

This is similar to your previous ticket "5.8.3 not saving the host_name for services".

When you "Apply Configuration" it will return an error and tell you which file it has problems
with. Once you correct that error you can "Apply Configuration" again, and if there is an error
then fix that one. Continue iterating through the errors until the "Apply Configuration"
is successful.

Thanks
dscrimpsher

Post by dscrimpsher »

Apply configuration is successful, still red on System Status page.
dscrimpsher

Post by dscrimpsher »

This was resolved by following the steps from @ssax in this thread: https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... 75#p329375
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

dscrimpsher wrote:This was resolved by following the steps from @ssax in this thread: https://support.nagios.com/forum/viewto ... 75#p329375
Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com