Nagiosxi is degraded after upgrade from 5.8.1 to 5.8.6

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
DonForigua

Nagiosxi is degraded after upgrade from 5.8.1 to 5.8.6

Post by DonForigua »

Hi every one :)

After i upgrade my nagiosxi i get this message when i try to start monitor engine from gui:

Code: Select all

An error occurred processing your request.
when i want to aplly CCM conf i get this message

Error: Invalid max_check_attempts value for host 'XXXXXX'
Error: Could not register host (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/hosts/XXXXXX.cfg', starting on line 16)

The host XXXXX does not exist on my system

the output from /usr/local/nagiosxi/var/cmdsubsys.log

PROCESS COMMAND: CMD=17, DATA=                                                                                                                                         
APPLYING NAGIOSCORE CONFIG...                                                                                                                                          
CMDLINE=cd /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts && ./reconfigure_nagios.sh                                                                                                      

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System                                                                                                     
Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:                                                                                                            

#1) Respect the privacy of others.                                                                                                                                 
    #2) Think before you type.                                                                                                                                         
    #3) With great power comes great responsibility.                                                                                                                   

sudo: a terminal is required to read the password; either use the -S option to read from standard input or configure an askpass helper                                 

Resetting configuration permissions failed!                                                                                                                            
OUTPUT=Resetting configuration permissions failed!                                                                                                                     
RETURNCODE=3                                                                                                                                                           
PROCESSING COMMAND ID 7876...                                                                                                                                          
PROCESS COMMAND: CMD=1150, DATA=remove                                                                                                                                 
CMDLINE=php /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/nagiosbpi/api_tool.php --cmd=syncall                                                                          
buffer too small to read octet string (17 < 17)                                                                                                                        
CMD: syncall                                                                                                                                                           
MSG: BPI configuration applied successfully! BPI configuration applied successfully!                                                                                   
OUTPUT=MSG: BPI configuration applied successfully! BPI configuration applied successfully!                                                                            
RETURNCODE=0                                                                                                                                                           
.................................................                                                                                                                      
PROCESSED 2 COMMANDS                                                                                                                                                   
buffer too small to read octet string (17 < 17)        

Thanks for your help
DonForigua

Re: Nagiosxi is degraded after upgrade from 5.8.1 to 5.8.6

Post by DonForigua »

Hi i've added this lines on /etc/sudoers file

User_Alias      NAGIOSXI=nagios
User_Alias      NAGIOSXIWEB=apache
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/etc/init.d/nagios start
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/etc/init.d/nagios stop
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/etc/init.d/nagios restart
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/etc/init.d/nagios reload
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/etc/init.d/nagios status
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/etc/init.d/nagios checkconfig
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/etc/init.d/npcd start
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/etc/init.d/npcd stop
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/etc/init.d/npcd restart
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/etc/init.d/npcd reload
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/etc/init.d/npcd status
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/components/autodiscover_new.php *
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/send_to_nls.php *
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/migrate/migrate.php *
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/components/getprofile.sh
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/upgrade_to_latest.sh
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/change_timezone.sh
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/manage_services.sh *
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/reset_config_perms.sh
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/manage_ssl_config.sh *
NAGIOSXI ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/backup_xi.sh *
NAGIOSXIWEB ALL = NOPASSWD:/etc/init.d/snmptt restart
NAGIOSXIWEB ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/tail -100 /var/log/messages
NAGIOSXIWEB ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/tail -100 /var/log/httpd/error_log
NAGIOSXIWEB ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/tail -100 /var/log/mysqld.log
NAGIOSXIWEB ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/php /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/components/autodiscover_new.php *
NAGIOSXIWEB ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/components/getprofile.sh
NAGIOSXIWEB ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/repair_databases.sh
NAGIOSXIWEB ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/manage_services.sh *
And my nagios is now ok
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Thank you for the update. If you PM me a copy of your profile.zip from Admin > System Profile I can take a look for any additional issues.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Based on the profile you are hitting the NPCD load_threshold which will cause gaps in your graphs, please follow this guide to increase your load_threshold to 60.0 and and your TIMEOUT to 20:

https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=9

I'm seeing this:

[Wed Oct 06 02:01:19.702093 2021] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 463530:tid 139793988048640] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: [client X.X.178.76:55755] AH01075: Error dispatching request to : (polling), referer: https://xxxxxxx/nagiosxi/login.php?forgotpass
Follow the instructions attached file to resolve that if you haven't yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.