Nagios XI and Grafana

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
wneville

Nagios XI and Grafana

Post by wneville »

Hello,

We are trying to integrate our Nagios XI performance graphs with our Grafana server. Is there any documentation on how this is done?

We have seen documentation involving PNP4Nagios but it doesn't seem like that is installed on our Nagios XI server. We do see a few pnp directories and were unsure if maybe PNP4Nagios has been deprecated? We have performance data for about 11,000 services at the moment but are just testing a few of them at the time.

Let me know if I can offer any more information. Thank you in advance for your time!
benjaminsmith

Re: Nagios XI and Grafana

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi wneville,

We do not have any official documentation on integrating Grafana with Nagios XI. That said, Nagios XI does actually have PNP4Nagios installed and it should work.

I would recommend trying out the other docs by leveraging a test instance so you don't impact the production system.

Regards,
Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
wneville

Post by wneville »

We have seen on some other forum posts folks referring to the /etc/httpd/conf.d/pnp4nagios directory but that does not exist on our server. How do i confirm that PNP4Nagios exists on our box?
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

My apologies, it looks like PNP4Nagios must be installed as a separate service and isolated from Nagiso XI along with Grafana. What operating system are you using?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

wneville

Post by wneville »

We are using RHEL 7.9
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

I would try the following tutorials on the setup for Cent 7. First, install Grafana, then install PNP4Nagios, configure access and then install the PNP connector for Grafana.

Install Grafana with PNP4Nagios on CentOS 7

I would recommend experimenting with your test license before making any changes to the production system. Also, since It's not an officially supported integration and if you were to restore this system from a backup archive, it's not going to carry over this setup.

--Benjamin