Nagios XI Mobile provider

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
fidia

Nagios XI Mobile provider

Post by fidia »

Greetings,

I kept trying adding my provider on Nagios XI so that I can receive SMS notifications.

However, since my provider is located in Europe, Serbia, in the section "Email-To-Text Address Format" %number%@ I don't know what exactly do I have to put after @. I tried a1.rs, which is the official website address of my provider, but it didn't work, I didn't receive any verification on my phone number.

I tried the same thing with another providers that I use in Serbia, but it was the same story.

At this point, I am not sure what credentials do I have to put for my provider.

Also, the phone number in %number%@, does it have to start with, for example +381 or 00381 format?

Kind regards.
Filip
:)
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Nagios XI Mobile provider

Post by ssax »

You will need to reach out to the cell phone provider and ask them what the specific format and domain should be, only they will have access to this information, they will also be able to tell you if you have email to SMS functionality active on your account (it needs to be). It differs per carrier, sometimes even per country/locality for the same carrier. Some providers do not offer email to SMS functionality by default (or at all in some cases like the UK/etc but this is up to the provider).

The easiest way to test it is to send a regular email from outlook/thunderbird/gmail/etc to the address to see if you receive it, if it doesn't work through there it won't work through Nagios XI.
fidia

Post by fidia »

I see. When you mentioned sending an email to the address, for the 'address' you meant %phone_number%@%carrier_domain%?
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

That's correct. It uses the email to text feature provided by the carrier.

See:Nagios XI How To Setup SMS Alerts

Thank you for giving Nagios XI a try, let us know if you have any other questions.

--Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
fidia

Post by fidia »

That would be it.

Thanks
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

Sounds good. We'll go ahead and close this out but feel free to open another if you have any new questions.

--Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!