Need advice about Dash speed...

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
BIB

Re: Need advice about Dash speed...

Post by BIB »

Hello ssax.

User nagiosadmin is already a local in auth type (on both servers), and you confused me a lot. :D
So nothing here, for nagiosadmin accounts, as they are a local type.

For the steps for removing and reconfiguring AD integration settings, I see that 'Active Directory Integration' removes from Components and login for AD account is possible (on our tests servers in test environment).

I will schedule works on PROD servers and reply to this post.

Thanx.
BIB.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Sorry about that, glad you got it working!

Instead of deleting the directories you can also just move them out of there in case you need to put the old ones back in place if you run into an issue on prod:

Code: Select all

mv /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/active_directory /root/
mv /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/ldapauth /root/
BIB

Post by BIB »

Hello ssax.

Happy a New year!

Please leave open this post. There is issue with Dash speed and more than one AD integration but next step is to upgrade Nagios XI to newest version and to convert DB from PostgreSQL to MySQL and then I will try this with AD integration and then we will dig dipper to found issues.

Thank you.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Sounds good, we'll keep an eye out for your update.
BIB

Post by BIB »

Hello ssax.

I finished upgrading the server. I did a reconfiguration of the LDAP integration and there seems to be no problem with the display speed on the Dash at the moment.

If I can ask with this same post, my colleagues confirmed to me that neither in version 5.7.4 nor in the latest version, it is not possible to log in to Configure > Core Config Manager. When we are logged in as User, we get a login window where after entering the credential, a message is displayed that it is not allowed. You have a message attached. When Nagios is used under a user account that has admin privileges, there are no such problems. Can this be solved and what is the problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Please edit the user and send a screenshot of the selected CCM permissions in Admin > Manage Users.
BIB

Post by BIB »

Attachamnet. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Do you still see that for your admin users? The user from that image and the last user are different.

Try editing the user and just clicking the Update User button, then logout and log back in to see if it helps.
BIB

Post by BIB »

Hello SSAX.

We have two types of accounts, one admin and one normal user.
On Nagios, both accounts are imported from AD, first (admin_xxx) is admin on Nagios and second (xxx) is normal user.
From 1-st account I see everything and configure everything, and it is ok.
From 2-nd account I see and VIEW everything and that is ok.
The problem is that when I try to go to Core Config Manager from second user (normal user on Nagios), it asks me a login. When type my credentials from my admin account (admin_xxx) with valid password, it shows that error message.

If this is normal from Nagios, than ok but the question stands, why with propper authentication I cant login to Core Config Manager from normal user?

If I edit normal user and reconfigure "Core Config Manager access" from "Login" to "Limited" od "Full", I've got acces without login. I dont need that but only login with admin credentials from normal user.

Thank you.
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

From how I'm reading this on page 5:

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... Rights.pdf
Login = Can view CCM links and can login with a CCM user account
With it set to Login should be able to login if you enter proper credentials, but it's not working for me either.

I'm investigating and will post an update shortly.