z

Commercial Support Clients: Clients with support contracts can get escalated support assistance by visiting Nagios Answer Hub. These forums are for community support services. Although we at Nagios try our best to help out on the forums here, we always give priority support to our support clients.

Graphs not updating.

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.

Graphs not updating.

Postby rodrigojuarez » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:41 pm

Hello.

We've got a XI installation and created a new one to migrate some hosts/services to it.

After the new server was created and installed I was tasked with the configuration and the migration of objects.

I copied the hosts and services and they're visible in the UI all right, then I copied all rrd files from /var/lib/mrtg over but theyre not getting updated.

I already checked "Nagios XI - Performance Graph Problems" article at https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=9 and followed some steps but I'm geeting little output from the logs:
/usr/local/nagios/var/perfdata.log - empty
/usr/local/nagios/var/npcd.log - full of "NPCD: WARN: MAX load reached: load 992.720000/10.000000 at i=57" errors (numbers vary).

I have thousands of "/bin/bash /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_rrdtraf -f /var/lib/mrtg/..." processes that are hitting the server real hard.

Should I delete the rrd files and let them recreate themselves?... how?

I'm lost now.

Could anyone please help?
rodrigojuarez

Re: Graphs not updating.

Postby gormank » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:03 pm

You may want to let those many processes complete but you can list and/or clean up old rrd/xml files with the following commands.

find /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/ -type f -mtime +5 -ls
find /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/ -type f -mtime +5 -delete
gormank

Postby rodrigojuarez » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:00 am

Hello gormank.

Thanks for your response.

The first command you posted doesn't return anything.

The directory contains files and they're updating, but they're pretty new since I've been deleting and recreating the hosts while troubleshooting.

/var/lib/mrtg only has one host and its files are updating.

I'm missing the rest of files in /var/lib/mrtg for all the other hosts/services and have the legend "/var/lib/mrtg/*.rrd does not exist." on most services in the UI.

The bunch of processes /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_rrdtraf are no longer there.

Cheers.
rodrigojuarez

Postby rodrigojuarez » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:28 am

An update.

As I was reading documentation, I stumbled upon this page https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... s-510.html that mentions configurations for hosts contained in /etc/mrtg/conf.d/*.cfg.

Since there weren't any *,cfg files in the new server y copied them from the old server and rebooted.

Now, /var/lib/mrtg/ is starting to populate.

I'll update later if this gets fixed.
rodrigojuarez

Postby rodrigojuarez » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:30 pm

Hello.

As an update it worked and rrd files where created.

Cheers.
rodrigojuarez

Return to Nagios XI