hostgroup is showing all hosts

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
sal@coned

hostgroup is showing all hosts

Post by sal@coned »

When I create the hostgroup I do not specify any members, I then go to each host and join it to the group.

However when I create a new hostgroup now and I go into "Hostgroups Overview" the new hostgroup has all the hosts listed in it.
I have looked at the host templates that are utilized and none of them point to the new hostgroup.

This behavios is inconsistent as I have created other hostgroups which are behaving correctly.

Thanks
Sal Polifemo
mmestnik

Re: hostgroup is showing all hosts

Post by mmestnik »

This should go-away after you add members. There is no-such thing as a host group with zero hosts, it would be considered broken and prevent a reloading of the config.
sal@coned

Post by sal@coned »

Thanks for the answer, adding a host to the group fixed the display.

Not sure I would agree about it being a bad config if a group has zero members.
I don't remember seeing this behavior on the original nagios.

Anyway, thanks for the help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This looks to be a "feature" of the underlying NagiosQL project. We'll see if we can modify its behavior in the future. Until then, make sure you add at least one host to the hostgroup to prevent this problem.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President