Automatic install of nrpe agent

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
WillemDH

Automatic install of nrpe agent

Post by WillemDH »

Hello,

Did someone ever manage to install the Linux NRPE agent fully automated? I tried to create a Bash script which use the fullinstall with the n option, but it still stops when asking for the allowed from ip addresses.

This is the script I'm using now:

Code: Select all

WriteLog Verbose Info "- NRPE - cd /tmp"
    cd /tmp
    wget https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagiosxi/agents/linux-nrpe-agent.tar.gz
    tar xzf linux-nrpe-agent.tar.gz
    cd linux-nrpe-agent
    ./fullinstall -n
It hangs on:

################################################################################
###                                                                          ###
### NRPE is currently set to allow connections only from these IP addresses: ###
###                                                                          ###
### 127.0.0.1                                                                ###
### If you would like to change this list, enter all IP addresses to allow,  ###
### separated by spaces only, and then press Enter.                          ###
### (Put the address(es) of your Nagios XI servers(s) here.)                 ###
################################################################################

Allow from:
Any feedback to make this fully automated is welcome. :)

Imho there should be a switch which allows to starts the script with the allowed from ip addresses. For example

./fullinstall -n -allowed "1.1.1.1 3.3.3.3 5.5.5.5"

Grtz

Willem
Nagios XI 5.8.1
https://outsideit.net
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Automatic install of nrpe agent

Post by lmiltchev »

Willem, I believe you can just change this line:

read -p "Allow from:  " ALLOW_INPUT
to this:

ALLOW_INPUT='1.1.1.1 3.3.3.3 5.5.5.5'
in the "/tmp/linux-nrpe-agent/subcomponents/install" script, and run:

cd /tmp/linux-nrpe-agent
./fullinstall -n
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
WillemDH

Re: Automatic install of nrpe agent

Post by WillemDH »

Thanks a lot for the tip Ludmill. If someone else is interested, this is the sed command I'm using to replace the allow from:

sed -i 's/read -p "Allow from:  " ALLOW_INPUT/ALLOW_INPUT="1.1.1.1 3.3.3.3 5.5.5.5"/g' /tmp/linux-nrpe-agent/subcomponents/install
Thread can be closed.
Nagios XI 5.8.1
https://outsideit.net