Event ID 10036 error

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
benjaminsmith

Re: Event ID 10036 error

Post by benjaminsmith »

HI @simone.preite ,

I don't have a firm date yet, but just spoke to one of our developers yesterday and they are working on it.

--Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
btayl

Post by btayl »

Has any one thought about installing Powershell in Linux and running a ps-remote session> I have done a couple of scripts that the script is stored on the nagios server and ran on the remote server.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @btayl,

Let's get open another topic open for this question as it's not directly related to the WMI issue reported in this thread.

Thanks!
Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

btayl

Post by btayl »

Is their any updates on fixing it ?
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi btayl,

Thanks for checking in. I just checked in on this, and we are working on it. I do not have a firm ETA right but will update you when I have more information.

Regards,
Benjamin

davide.bonicelli

Post by davide.bonicelli »

Hi benjaminsmith; any news about the ETA for the fix?
gsmith

Post by gsmith »

Hi Davide,

I just asked one of our Development Wizards and he replied:
Supposedly this version of WMIC fixes the problem. I'm testing it right now. But I'm unsure because the version stated is 1.4.1, and the wmic command in Linux shows version 4.0.0. Soooo...
So it is definitely being worked on but an ETA is hard to determine without having the testing completed.

I suggest you check back in 2 weeks.

Thanks for your patience, we are aware that many have been impacted by this change by Microsoft and are
eager to find a solution.

Thanks
davide.bonicelli

Post by davide.bonicelli »

Hi gsmith;
any news about the ETA?
gsmith

Post by gsmith »

Hi

Unfortunately there hasn't been any movement with this issue. Microsoft is still
pretty much a "closed system". The author of the check_wmi plugin was willing to
try to write a new "wmic" if he got support, but I just checked and there are only
22 members of his kickstarter project :( The change that Microsoft made affects a lot
more people than just Nagios users so hopefully there will be some sort of breakthrough
in the future.

Thanks
vornado

Post by vornado »

Good afternoon, all.

This issue has gone unresolved for several months now. It seems to be getting worse. When this problem started, I increased the threshold for receiving notifications from Nagios while waiting for a solution but today the warnings started coming again.

The error message says to "raise the activation authentication level at least to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_PKT_INTEGRITY in client application". Nagios is the client application. With all due respect, Nagios needs to figure out how to fix this. I truly hope that a solution will be provided in the very near future.

Thanks and best regards,

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.