User not receiving email notifications

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
pavan509

Re: User not receiving email notifications

Post by pavan509 »

Hello Smith,

I agree few hosts don't have the notifications configured and are having the template check_host_alive template and there are a few hosts which don't use a template and have a default check mechanism with some check-command. I have attached the document with the notification settings for the host and the notification log for reference. We didn't receive an email notification for the same to any of the contacts configured for the host.

Can you please check and let me know what has to be done to fix this issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks, Pavan
pavan509

Post by pavan509 »

Hello Smith/Team,

Any update on this as we are not receiving the email notifications at the host level and it is causing the impact and delay in day to day operations.
Thanks, Pavan
gsmith

Post by gsmith »

Hi

Please send me:
/usr/local/nagiosxi/var/eventman.log
/usr/local/nagiosxi/tmp/phpmailer.log

after a host should have triggered a notification.

Also send me the same two files after a service triggers a notification.

Thanks
gsmith

Post by gsmith »

HI

Also please look at the Notification Management settings under Admin:
Image005.jpg
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pavan509

Post by pavan509 »

Hello Smith,

I found where the issue was. I was able to find out the issue by checking the Nagios log file /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log and found the below error

[1649786334] wproc: host=Nagios Prod; service=(none); contact=SESA615438
[1649786334] wproc: early_timeout=0; exited_ok=1; wait_status=256; error_code=0;
[1649786334] wproc: stderr line 01: /bin/sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
[1649786334] wproc: stderr line 02: /bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
[1649786334] wproc: NOTIFY job 21 from worker Core Worker 22025 is a non-check helper but exited with return code 1

I updated the host notification command as there was an extra double quote in the error.

Now the notifications are triggering without any issues. This thread can be locked now.
Thanks, Pavan