Enable notifications for specific contact groups

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
aylesworth

Re: Enable notifications for specific contact groups

Post by aylesworth »

Hello,

Here's the output in that file, it essentially just says what the email body contains, but no further info that I can see:

*** GLOBAL HANDLER...
Array
(
[event_id] => 2083733
[event_source] => 2
[event_type] => 2
[event_time] => 2022-04-20 04:01:53
[event_meta] => Array
(
[notification-type] => host
[contact] => me
[contactemail] => myemail@address
[type] => PROBLEM
[escalated] => 0
[author] =>
[comments] =>
[host] => ADMonitor - Server
[hostaddress] => 10.X.X.X
[hostalias] => ADMonitor - Server
[hostdisplayname] => ADMonitor - Server
[hoststate] => UP
[hoststateid] => 0
[lasthoststate] => UP
[lasthoststateid] => 0
[hoststatetype] => HARD
[currentattempt] => 1
[maxattempts] => 5
[hosteventid] => 1312985
[hostproblemid] => 0
[hostoutput] => OK - 10.X.X.X rta 39.539ms lost 0%
[longhostoutput] =>
[datetime] => Wed Apr 20 04:01:53 EDT 2022
)

[logging_enabled] => 1
)

These alerts are unimportant if they will not be generated when I turn on notifications for everybody. If these are only being generated because I have a modified template assigned that covers *all* alerts, that's fine.

I just want to make sure our helpdesk contact group isn't receiving them as well when I turn everything on.

Thanks!
gsmith

Re: Enable notifications for specific contact groups

Post by gsmith »

Hi

You should be good to go.

I see that:
[hostproblemid] => 0

Which means there are no issues, so you are getting the email because you asked for "everything".

I am going to lock this topic as we are not actively monitoring this forum anymore since we have migrated to
a new Support System. So please make sure you register there:
We're moving to a new support system!

The Nagios Answer Hub is a place where you can get help with technical questions from our experts. There, you can quickly open tickets and join discussion boards.

Request Nagios Answer Hub access here: https://info.nagios.com/answer-hub-access-new-users

After completing the access form, you will be given access to a portal where new tickets can be created. We will keep the old customer forum sections and ticket system available for current cases to be resolved.
You'll still be able to look at the forum in read-only mode, and if you have issues related to this forum topic
you can include a link to this topic in the new Support System.

Thanks