Nagios XI console updates very slow post Apply configuration

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
vishal313

Nagios XI console updates very slow post Apply configuration

Post by vishal313 »

Hi All,

We have Nagios XI 5.8.5 and recently I have observed that post doing any changes in CCM(adding,removing, modifying services) and applying configuration, the Nagios XI console gets very slow and the service status doesnt show the latest timestamps for at least another 20-25 mins.
Post 20-25 mins, the service status can be seen matching with the current system time. This is happening every time when apply configuration is ran.
If I check the Nagios core at the same time, it shows the timestamp as per the system time within seconds after apply configuration.
What could be the issue and how to resolve it.

The affected Nagios XI is currently monitoring :
Hosts : 1781
Services : 18158
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Nagios XI console updates very slow post Apply configura

Post by ssax »

Please upgrade to the latest XI version that has the latest NDO3 fixes and see if that helps, there were some changes in recently that improved the speed of the apply configuration:

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ctions.pdf

If that doesn't resolve it, please PM me a copy of your profile.zip, you can download it from Admin > System Profile by clicking the Download Profile button.

Additionally, please send the output of these commands:
- NOTE: You may need to adjust the -h 127.0.0.1, the -uroot, and -pnagiosxi in the first command if your DB is offloaded to another server and/or you've changed the root mysql password

Code: Select all

echo "SELECT table_name AS 'Table', round(((data_length + index_length) / 1024 / 1024), 2) 'Size in MB' FROM information_schema.TABLES WHERE table_schema IN ('nagios', 'nagiosql', 'nagiosxi');" | mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -uroot -pnagiosxi --table
sar -A