Oracle cluster monitoring

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
deek

Oracle cluster monitoring

Post by deek »

Hi Team ,

We have a requirement to monitor oracle containers . So a oracle server has many containers and each container has few pluggable databases and we have to monitor the container status and pluggable database status .
I was able to monitor the individual database monitoring through check_oracle_health plugin . Now is there a way to monitor the oracle cluster monitoring .
deek

Re: Oracle cluster monitoring

Post by deek »

Is there any plugin that supports oracle Container databases .
gsmith

Post by gsmith »

Hi,

I know we don't provide plugins that you are looking for. Have you
taken a look athttps://exchange.nagios.org// ?

What in particular do you need to monitor? I believe we can monitor container
health, but can't access the applications within. Some examples would be helpful
so we can guide you to creating a custom plugin.

Thanks
deek

Post by deek »

Yes I would need help with monitoring container health and asm status . I was not able to find any plugin that could monitor asm status .
gsmith

Post by gsmith »

Hi

Here is a list of plugins related to monitoring containers:
https://exchange.nagios.org/index.php?o ... =container

I am not familiar with "asm". Could you please explain what it is for me?

Thanks
deek

Post by deek »

We are facing with another issue with check_oracle_health plugin .
In below command line CARBON1 is the pluggable database name and we are trying to find the usage of its tablespace SYSAUX but we are facing with an error .

[nagios@abc libexec]$ /usr/bin/env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/oracle/12.2/client64/lib ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/12.2/client64 /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle_health --connect 'server:1521/CARBON1' --username 'c##esmsvc' --password 'pwd' --mode tablespace-usage --name SYSAUX --warning 85 --critical 90
bumm Can't call method "execute" on an undefined value at /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle_health line 6287.
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle_health line 6301.

Also I want to point that when I use username 'esmsvc' instead of 'c##esmsvc' I am able to get a proper output.
I have compared the privileges granted to 'c##esmsvc' and 'esmsvc' and both looks good . In here esmsvc is the pluggable database level account and c##esmsvc is the container level account. We have been told by the Oracle DB team to use the 'c##esmsvc' account.
I have attached both user privilege here.
C##ESMSVC_privileges.txt
ESMSVC_privileges.txt
Kindly let us know if we are missing anything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gsmith

Post by gsmith »

Hi

The check_oracle_health plugin is provided by a third-party at:
https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... th/details

Since Nagios did not furnish that plugin we are unable to support any issues that arise from it :(
My suggestion is for you try to contact the author, or re-post in the Community Support forum to see if
anyone else has this issue.

We have transitioned to a new ticketing system:
We're moving to a new support system!

The Nagios Answer Hub is a place where you can get help with technical questions from our experts. There, you can quickly open tickets and join discussion boards.

Request Nagios Answer Hub access here: https://info.nagios.com/answer-hub-access-new-users

After completing the access form, you will be given access to a portal where new tickets can be created. We will keep the old customer forum sections and ticket system available for current cases to be resolved.
I am going to close this thread. If you work through the plugin issues and find you are having issues with
Nagios XI then please open a case in our new ticketing system.

I hope you can get to the bottom of the plugin issues. You can look at the plugin's code since the errors it is throwing
are giving you line numbers that can help you zero in on what is going on.

Thanks!