Oracle Installation Issues

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
pbroste

Re: Oracle Installation Issues

Post by pbroste »

We're moving to a new support system!

The Nagios Answer Hub is a place where you can get help with technical questions from our experts. There, you can quickly open tickets and join discussion boards.

Request Nagios Answer Hub access here: https://info.nagios.com/answer-hub-access-new-users

After completing the access form, you will be given access to a portal where new tickets can be created. We will keep the old customer forum sections and ticket system available for current cases to be resolved.
pendekar6

Post by pendekar6 »

pbroste wrote:Hello @pendekar6

The error message cannot find tnsping

"The tnsping command displays the location of the $ORACLE_HOME and the configuration files sqlnet. ora and tnsnames. ora. If there is more than one Oracle client installation in your environment, ensure that the changes in the tnsnames."

Meaning that we need to export the path if not by:

Code: Select all

echo $ORACLE_HOME
Verify that the path is correct, if not please correct

export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
This will add it to the system path

Once the path has been added you will be able to run:

which tnsping
And

tnsping
Thanks,
Perry
Hello @pbroste

As per attached, I dont have tnsping file in my system. Also there's only 1 oracle instant client in nagios. Please advice.

I also took the liberty to run the command in shell mode, error as attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pbroste

Post by pbroste »

Hello @pendekar6

Thanks for following up with the details, appears that we still need to add that to the path:

PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin ; export PATH
Thanks,
Perry
pendekar6

Post by pendekar6 »

pbroste wrote:Hello @pendekar6

Thanks for following up with the details, appears that we still need to add that to the path:

PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin ; export PATH
Thanks,
Perry
Hi @pbroste

I dont see any tnsping file in the directory (refer to error1).

I even set up a secondary environment (just for testing) and still tnsping file is not there. (refer to error2)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pbroste

Post by pbroste »

Hello @pendekar6

Thanks for following up, mostly likely running into compatibility issues with Rocky Linux. We currently are not testing anything on Rocky Linux which we are not currently supporting. Hopefully, we will add this distro soon.

Thanks,
Perry