MSSQL Wizard issues

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Nomolasgm

MSSQL Wizard issues

Post by Nomolasgm »

Hi folk´s, I have installed the Nagios XI V 5.9.0 in a RHEL 8 system, all is working fine, after follow the next eHow:

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf

Everything works like a charm, but when I try to use de wizard in GUI the next error shown:

MSSQL Database Monitoring Wizard
Configuration verification failed

I realice thath the check_mssql_server.py plug in is not present in /usr/local/nagios/libexec, only the check_mssql_server.php and the check_mssql.

The next behavior is insteresting, if i run:

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_mssql_server.php -H x.x.x.x --checktype 'database' -U 'user' -P 'password' -p 1433 --mode time2connect --warning 10 --critical 20 -v

the output is

NOTICE: [parse_specs] Adding verbosity... Original Log Level [WARNING], New Log Level [NOTICE] (1197)
PHP Notice: Undefined index: memory in /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_mssql_server.php on line 1252
OK: Time to connect was 0.033183 s|time=0.033183s;10;20;;

At the end, from terminal the plugin shown an OK, but in te GUI I can not create the services or host for the DB, as you can see the connection can be stablished fron nagios xi vm VS the DB. The check_xi_... commands defs in CCM are the next:

check_xi_mssql_database    $USER1$/check_mssql_database.py -H $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$
check_xi_mssql_query    $USER1$/check_mssql -H $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$
check_xi_mssql_server    $USER1$/check_mssql_server.py -H $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$

I try to modified the previous an put .php extension and the result is the same.

check_xi_mssql_database    $USER1$/check_mssql_database.php -H $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$
check_xi_mssql_query    $USER1$/check_mssql -H $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$
check_xi_mssql_server    $USER1$/check_mssql_server.php -H $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$

This error is when I try to run the wizard MSSQL

Best regards.
Nomolasgm

Re: MSSQL Wizard issues

Post by Nomolasgm »

Hi fellows, after get almost crazy running de MSSQL Server wizard with error:

##########################################
MSSQL Server Monitoring Wizard
Configuration verification failed.
Configuration Error

An error occurred while attempting to apply your configuration to the monitoring engine. Contact your Nagios administrator if this problem persists.

Run this monitoring wizard again
Run another monitoring wizard
View the latest configuration snapshots
##########################################

I realized that the Check command field in the Service Management view is not auto populated with the properly command, in this case with the check_xi_mssql_server, after to set it in the proper service, the check works fine. Anyone knows why?

Notice that if you put the instance name in the service definition through the config wizard, this make the check runs out in error, this happens on my case.

Cheers!