Clicking Create Config in NRDS Config Manager = Blank Page

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
BWLITD

Clicking Create Config in NRDS Config Manager = Blank Page

Post by BWLITD »

Hello,

I am setting up a new instance of Nagios XI Enterprise. I performed a clean install on Ubuntu 22.04, Nagios XI version: 5.9.1. Everything seems functional during most of the setup but when I go to the NRDS Config Manager and clock Create Config I just get a blank page.

In the apache2 logs I see the following when I click the button.

[Wed Nov 30 15:36:29.078480 2022] [php:error] [pid 489610] [client] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/nrdsconfigmanager/nrdsconfigmanager.php:296\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/nrdsconfigmanager/nrdsconfigmanager.php(56): do_create()\n#1 /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/nrdsconfigmanager/nrdsconfigmanager.php(28): route_request()\n#2 {main}\n thrown in /usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/nrdsconfigmanager/nrdsconfigmanager.php on line 296, referer: https://nagxi-qa/nagiosxi/includes/comp ... anager.php

I have tried a couple of things namely the Nagios support page on what to do if you load a blank page and followed that, but it did not resolve the issue.
BWLITD

Re: Clicking Create Config in NRDS Config Manager = Blank Pa

Post by BWLITD »

ok I think I resolve it. I think there is a bug in the code in nrdsconfigmanager.php.

Line 295
Currently Is
$configvar = grab_request_var("configvar", "");

Should be
$configvar = array(grab_request_var("configvar", ""));

Once I changed that line I was able to proceed with the config.