Disable notifications for host and all its services

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
mikeccm

Disable notifications for host and all its services

Post by mikeccm »

There will be times when we need to take a host down and would like a convenient way to disable notifications for that host and all its services. I have been unable to find a convenient way to do this. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
ajcoil

Re: Disable notifications for host and all its services

Post by ajcoil »

Hi @mikeccm,

Thank you for reaching out!

I would recommend Scheduled Downtime as a convenient way to disable notifications for a host and all it's services.

The following documentation should assist in the configuration process:
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... s%20XI.pdf

If you are still having issues, feel free to reach out!
bimax

Re: Disable notifications for host and all its services

Post by bimax »

Hi there,

I am having issue with notifications when using scheduled downtime feature. Here is scenario:

1. Service went to HARD non-OK with notification sent out.
2. We are making periodical server maintenance with "Scheduled downtime" to disable any false positive notifications sent out.
3. Service on the host got recovered switched to HARD OK state. No notifications was sent out.
4. "Scheduled downtime" has been finished.

As a result notifications are still have non-resolved non-OK issues. Which are in fact false positive.

As a suggestion I am thinking of disabling all checks for the "Scheduled downtime", but we have 40+ checks which is quite big list for calling API and taking into account we have about a lot of servers and periodical job it could take long for automation.

Maybe there is more elegant solution?

Thanks!