How to monitor the time of the server using Nagios XI

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
teenustephen

How to monitor the time of the server using Nagios XI

Post by teenustephen »

Hello Team,

I recently installed free version of NagiosXI and I would like to monitor the date/time of the server using Nagios. So how do I set up an alert from Nagios when the time gets changed or running incorrectly on the server.

Thanks,
Teenu
teenustephen

Re: How to monitor the time of the server using Nagios XI

Post by teenustephen »

Hi,

I added the service check_ntp_time to localhost, but when I execute the below command on the server, I am getting a response:

./check_ntp_time -H <NTP server> -w 1 -c 5
NTP OK: Offset 0.8832730055 secs, stratum best:0 worst:2|offset=0.883273s;1;5; stratum_best=0 stratum_worst=2 num_warn_stratum=0 num_crit_stratum=0

But on the Nagios XI site, I am getting the following error:

(Return code of 127 is out of bounds. Check if plugin exists)

I am using NCPA to monitor servers. so do I need to modify any configuration files for enabling check_ntp_time.
Please help to fix this.

Thanks,
Teenu
Riyazbaba366

Nagios NTP is showing critical as no output returned from plugin

Post by Riyazbaba366 »

Few servers are showing ntp critical and when i searched from nagios end those servers are not configured from nagios end and from server ntp is not configured but still it is showing critical. Please help me with these
Riyazbaba366

Nagios service enent monitor is showing critical as event noticed from azure backend

Post by Riyazbaba366 »

There are no backend work from azure but still nagios is showing critical please help me with this