Bug found in latest OVA from Nagios XI Download Page

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
LM-PP1

Bug found in latest OVA from Nagios XI Download Page

Post by LM-PP1 »

Hello,

I wanted to report a bug found when you import the latest ova file "nagiosxi-5.9.2-64.ova" from the Nagios Download Page: https://www.nagios.com/downloads/nagios-xi/

After opening the OVA (I used ESX, and workstation both had the same problem), and starting up the server (regardless of trial license or purchased license), after you log in for the first time, and:

* Click Configure >> Configuration Wizards
* Select the Auto-Discovery
* It will spin forever, and the right pane will never load the Wizard, and just have a white login screen

Attached is a screenshot of the issue, along with the client side debug message. I tried it, same behaviour with firefox/google chrome/ edge.

Please fix the ova as soon as possible.

SEE ATTACHED PHOTO.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SnowranCruzisi

Re: Bug found in latest OVA from Nagios XI Download Page

Post by SnowranCruzisi »

Powershell can be installed in Linux (and obviously you can create nagios check and event handlers in powershell) Telegram bots can easily interact with scripts on the system they are hosted on.

So I ended up writing a number of nagios checks and event handlers in powershell that log into remote windows servers via openssh (no winre or 3rd party solutions, just nice and secure ssh keys) output everything to a telegram bot that I can interact with to launch more scripts (from traceroutes to more complex troubleshooting info collection scripts) and in so doing I have now automatized a huge number of tasks while being able to keep an eye on it,
MohinSonanda

Re: Bug found in latest OVA from Nagios XI Download Page

Post by MohinSonanda »

One thing you could try is to ensure that you have sufficient resources allocated to the virtual machine, such as RAM and CPU cores. Insufficient resources can sometimes cause processes to hang or freeze.

Another solution is to try using a different browser or clearing the cache and cookies of your current browser. Sometimes, browser extensions or cache data can interfere with web applications and cause unexpected behavior.

Since you have provided a screenshot and debug message, the Nagios support team can use this information to investigate the issue further and hopefully provide a fix for the ova file. Thank you for bringing this to their attention and helping to improve the NagiosXI experience for everyone.