want to send notification when the check output change even service is already in hard state.(critical or warning)

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
aiqbal88

want to send notification when the check output change even service is already in hard state.(critical or warning)

Post by aiqbal88 »

I am monitoring IBM Websphere MQ with Nagiosxi. My configured script is (if any queue is above 70%) send out notification. it works first time fine and sends warning alert about 1 queue or whatever queues are more than 70% full.
At this point service is in hard state and in warning state.
if 1 more queue is found to be above 70% during next check interval. nagios will not send notification as out put has only changed. service state and service state type have not. is there way i can notify if output changes in warning state but its hard state.

Note: cannot use Volatile or ack because our company does not let us do ack.
kg2857

Re: want to send notification when the check output change even service is already in hard state.(critical or warning)

Post by kg2857 »

Not as far as I know. Nagios reacts to state changes. The text output is meaningless to nagios. If you want it to your plugin needs to react to different text output.