Nagios XI LDAP Login not working

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
rphull

Nagios XI LDAP Login not working

Post by rphull »

We are trying to install Nagios XI on RHEL 9. We imported the backup from our current production instance and i can verify all the data is present. Everything is up and running as expected for us except the LDAP integration. I am able to login as nagiosadmin user but none of the LDAP users are able to login.

If I run a local ldapsearch command on the new machine, I can fetch user details properly. But LDAP based authentication is not working from Nagios XI UI.

I tailed the logs files also and do not see any error. tail -f /var/log/httpd/*

More information: I have followed all the steps mentioned on this article and nothing worked: Nagios XI - Can’t Log Into The Web Interface

I need some help in finding out how to test/fix the LDAP integration. Also if there is a different file location I need to check to find the correct error.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
bv406

Re: Nagios XI LDAP Login not working

Post by bv406 »

Maybe refer to this document to help you troubleshoot https://answerhub.nagios.com/support/s/ ... n-4057bf19
rphull

Post by rphull »

Thank you for the quick response. I tried that page as well and it did not print any additional debug information. That's why I am curious to know if I am looking at the wrong log file location.

Code: Select all

Open the file in vi by executing the following command:

/usr/local/nagiosxi/html/includes/components/ldap_ad_integration/ldap_ad_integration.inc.php
Make the change as per the following example:

function create_auth_conn_obj($server_id='')
{
    ldap_set_option(NULL, LDAP_OPT_DEBUG_LEVEL, 7);
    // Get our settings
kg2857

Post by kg2857 »

One thing that I sometimes forget is that there's a script that needs to be run if the OS version is changed after a restore from backup. I seem to recall that it's mentioned in the backup/restore doc.
rphull

Post by rphull »

Yes, I ran that script as well. Its the restore_repair.sh script.