Error sending mail using sendgrid - SMTP connect() failed.

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
ryandeguia

Error sending mail using sendgrid - SMTP connect() failed.

Post by ryandeguia »

Hello!

Im only a beginner in nagios and am able to find my way through all the settings in it but not this issue.

Our nagios alerts and scheduled reports have been working since April this year. It suddenly stopped sending alerts and reports.

We have configured email settings as seen in the attachment.

I have tested sending email using the button provided and get the error SMTP Connect() failed also seen in the attached pic.

I tested using online smtp checker and got Authentication failed: The provided authorization grant is invalid, expired or revoked. as seen in the attached.

I have created new free account for sendgrid and generated an api key copied it and used as password in the password field in nagios while username is the api key name. This did not work. I also tried using my sendgrid username to no avail. Can anyone help on this?

Thank you in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajcoil

Re: Error sending mail using sendgrid - SMTP connect() failed.

Post by ajcoil »

Hello @ryandeguia,

Thank you for reaching out!

It appears that there is an issue with the way the SMTP server itself is configured. Once the SMTP server is properly configured, I would consult the documentation attached below to get your notifications back up and running!

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf

Please feel free to reach out if you are still having issues!