no Files in /var/log/snmptt

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Randob

no Files in /var/log/snmptt

Post by Randob »

Good morning, everyone,

I am trying to switch my Nagios to use snmp v3 from snmp v2. I am at the beginning stages of this process. I am following this guide to help me https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... .html#TEST . I am at the "Send Test Trap" portion of the guide. After entering the command it states "When a test trap is received on the Nagios XI server it should be logged in the /var/log/snmptt/snmpttunknown.log file." When I go to this file path there is nothing in this folder. I have attached a picture showing that there is nothing in this folder. Is there a step that was missed? I have tried restarting the service a few times and look elsewhere online for a solution to this problem but cant seem to find anything. Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kg2857

Re: no Files in /var/log/snmptt

Post by kg2857 »

Snmptrapd and snmptt services should be running. Snmptt writes to it's log at startup.