Fresh Nagios 5.11.1 on Ubuntu 22/Debian 11 - snmptt and MIBs problem

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
tstsistemi

Fresh Nagios 5.11.1 on Ubuntu 22/Debian 11 - snmptt and MIBs problem

Post by tstsistemi »

Hi Guys!
I'm Facing a very odd problem on a fresh Nagios XI 5.11.1 install on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS: it seems that there are problems on MIBs and snmptt functionality. I also tried to install on Debian 11 with same result. :?

SNMP Traps are correctly received and placed in the folder /var/spool/snmptt/ in files named '#snmptt-trap-####################', but they are not corectly processed nor deleted.
The very strange thing is that no snmptt.log or snmpttunknown.log file exists.
I verified that snmptt.ini config file is processed enabling debug mode.
Do you have some ideas in order to troublshoot this problem?

I placed together these problems because they may have common roots.
I noted that default MIB list have changed (Admin/Manage MIBs) from previous Nagios XI version.

systemctl status snmptt

output is:

Jul 03 17:00:20 mqnagiosxi snmptt[2266]: Bad operator (INTEGER): At line 73 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/ietf/SNMPv2-PDU
Jul 03 17:00:20 mqnagiosxi systemd[1]: snmptt.service: Supervising process 2271 which is not our child. We'll most likely not notice when it exits.

I moved off the MIBs direcotry the SNMPv2-PDU file in order to bypass the problem.

Every help would be very appreciated!
Bye everyone!!! :)

Dante
danderson

Re: Fresh Nagios 5.11.1 on Ubuntu 22/Debian 11 - snmptt and MIBs problem

Post by danderson »

Thanks for reaching out @tstsistemi,

SNMPv2-PDU is known to be a bad file. It is okay to remove it or move it. This issue should be fixed in XI 5.11.2.

Did moving that file fix the other issue with snmp traps not being processed or deleted correctly?