How to separate linux,windows etc that can be seen in Home page as Host status summary

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
uday_bose

How to separate linux,windows etc that can be seen in Home page as Host status summary

Post by uday_bose »

Hello

I want to include LInux,windows,network devices counts in Hosts status summary, please help.

Regards
Uday
lgute

Re: How to separate linux,windows etc that can be seen in Home page as Host status summary

Post by lgute »

HI @uday_bose, thanks for reaching out.

You can accomplish this by using the Hostgroup Summary. All you have to do is setup a Host Group for each grouping of hosts you are interested in. Unless there have been changes, you should already have both a Linux Servers and Windows Servers group setup, by default.

To administrate your Host Groups, navigate to Configure | Core Config Manager | Host Groups. You will see a listing of currently configured Host Groups. From here, you can add new groups and change existing groups.

Once you have your Host Groups setup, the Hostgroup Summary should display what you want. The Hostgroup Summary is available at Home | Hostgroup Summary. This page includes the Status Summary For All Host Groups which is a dashlet, so you can add it to any dashboard (including the Home page), by clicking on the blue arrow icon at the top left of the dashlet.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Laura
lgute

Re: How to separate linux,windows etc that can be seen in Home page as Host status summary

Post by lgute »

FYI, I removed the green checkmark post icon, because we use it to identify "Solved" threads.

-Laura
uday_bose

Post by uday_bose »

Hi Laura

Thanks very much for your reply.

Actually, we have 100+ host groups, is there a way to just add Linux, windows servers count in hosts status summary.

Or we should use as a Linux users and windows users so that they login and see just their server details.

Warm Regards
Uday
lgute

Post by lgute »

Hi Uday,

Currently we do not have a way to add counts to the Host Status Summary. If you are interested, I could create a feature request.

In the meantime, your suggestion of ...
Or we should use as a Linux users and windows users so that they login and see just their server details.
... should work.

XI is extensible with plugins and dashlets, so if you have someone interested in doing a bit of programming, you could also roll your own version of the Host Status Summary, customized for your requirements.

-Laura
uday_bose

Post by uday_bose »

Thanks Laura

create a feature request if it's okay.

Also, please suggest me a better way for below.

Code: Select all

[b]we should use as a Linux users and windows users so that they login and see just their server details.[/b]
[/i]

will this work fine for this case--https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf

Warm Regards
Uday
lgute

Post by lgute »

Hi @uday_bose,

I am setting up your Feature Request and need your feedback on the mockup. Is this what you are looking for?

HostStatusSummaryMockup.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-Laura
uday_bose

Post by uday_bose »

Hi Laura,

This is exactly same thing we want, thanks for understanding. (We will add some more like VMware but that's okay).

Thanks very much.

Best Regards
Uday Shankar
uday_bose

Post by uday_bose »

Hello Mam

Please update us.

Regards
Uday
lgute

Post by lgute »

Hi @uday_bose,

I will check with our technical staff and see where it is on the list.

-Laura