Solved - Problem With Deleting Hosts and Services

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
admin
Site Admin

Solved - Problem With Deleting Hosts and Services

Post by admin »

There is a bug in versions of 2009R1.1C and 1.1D (possibly earlier versions too) that prevents you from deleting hosts and services that were added using the config wizards. The solution for this problem is found below. We will be releasing 1.1E in the next few days and updating the VMware image. For users and customers running 1.1D and earlier, please take the steps below to resolve the issue.

===

The problem is due to the nagios user not being a member of the nagios group. This was causing the cron job (which runs as the nagios user) to not have permissions to delete the files.

Here's how to solve this problem...

1. Login to the machine as the root user

2. Issue the following commands at the prompt:

Code: Select all

rm -f /usr/local/nagios/etc/import/*.cfg

usermod -a -G nagios nagios

/etc/init.d/httpd restart
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Ethan Galstad
President
djembe65

Re: Solved - Problem With Deleting Hosts and Services

Post by djembe65 »

That fix did it. I am evaluating XI for a possible Foglight replacement so I will use these forums while setting up my test environment and these fixes will be important to have access to. Thanks
osiadmin

Post by osiadmin »

We have just downloaded the VMWare image and I am now seeing that it is version 1.1c. I am having a lot of issues described in the forum of permissions to be able to modify, or delete config files, and not being able to see the graphs displayed. I see in this post that a version 1.1e might be available. My Update Check is failing currently, I am just running a trial copy of Nagios XI. Have most of these bugs been worked out in the newer versions?
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

osiadmin,
I'm sorry that no-one got back to you on this, obviously it's worth nothing to you if we at Nagios say the problems are fixed in the newer releases... Still we don't want you to feel like you are not getting any reply.

I'll see about making change logs of our releases available.
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

There are revision histories listed in our download section.