Custom install & Why postgres ?

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
ks6764

Custom install & Why postgres ?

Post by ks6764 »

I need to be able to install Nagios Fusion to a custom directory like under /opt/app instead of /usr/local. Is this possible ?

Also, the environment that I am installing in does not have internet access for security reasons, will this pose a problem ?

Lastly, which is Nagios Fusion using Postgres for the database instead of MySQL ? I was very happy when they decided to completely move away from Postgres for the Nagios XI product and go completely MySQL.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
rkennedy

Re: Custom install & Why postgres ?

Post by rkennedy »

I need to be able to install Nagios Fusion to a custom directory like under /opt/app instead of /usr/local. Is this possible ?
While it should work, this isn't something we can Support directly in changing as it may require modifying multiple files.
Also, the environment that I am installing in does not have internet access for security reasons, will this pose a problem ?
As long as you have access to all of the repositories that are needed, and other dependencies - it should work. I haven't done any testing on this though.
Lastly, which is Nagios Fusion using Postgres for the database instead of MySQL ? I was very happy when they decided to completely move away from Postgres for the Nagios XI product and go completely MySQL.
Current version is running on Postgres, but there is a new Fusion in the works currently that will be running mysql. It should be released in the near future. See this page for more info - https://www.nagios.com/roadmaps/
Former Nagios Employee
ks6764

Post by ks6764 »

Thanks for the response rkennedy. I will definitely be bookmarking the roadmap website. I read the details under Fusion though and did not see any mention of MySQL.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

I read the details under Fusion though and did not see any mention of MySQL.
Even though, the use of MySQL is not mentioned in the roadmap, I can confirm that ONLY MySQL will be used in the "new" Fusion (no PostgreSQL).
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
ks6764

Post by ks6764 »

It has been almost 3 months since I had inquired about MySQL for Nagios Fusion.
I went to http://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagi ... est.tar.gz today and it appears that Postgres is still being used as opposed to MySQL.
Last I heard, there was to be a new release of Fusion back in Feb. 2017 that was going to migrate from Postgres to MySQL.
Any updates on this ?
mcapra

Post by mcapra »

It's still in the works. We're in the "beta" phase currently, but I do not have a concrete release date at this time other than to say that we're still working out the kinks and that MySQL will be used in the new version.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
highness

Post by highness »

mcapra wrote:It's still in the works. We're in the "beta" phase currently, but I do not have a concrete release date at this time other than to say that we're still working out the kinks and that MySQL will be used in the new version.
It's been a few months since this reply was posted. Is there any update on this?
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

Nagios Fusion 4 was released a few weeks ago and it has been rewritten to only use the MYSQL database.
https://www.nagios.com/products/nagios-fusion/
Since the database was changed and the underlining processes, It might be best to create a new server and migrate the settings manually from the old server.
If you are running the latest version, you should be able to upgrade it but there will be some losses of dashboard settings, etc....
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!