Fusion performance

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Fusion performance

Post by dwhitfield »

crrussell3 wrote:. So whatever the OVA has configured is what we are running.
5.1 is the answer there. The MySQL community has a repo. It requires some config editing, but it could work for you if you want to give it a shot in a test environment.

That said, a second fusion server would be the better-supported option.
crrussell3

Post by crrussell3 »

We are going to look at rebuilding our Fusion server by hand with Centos7, Mysql 5.5 or MariaDB, etc.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@crrussell3, Are you using external URL's for either Nagios Fusion server or for any of the XI servers by chance?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
crrussell3

Post by crrussell3 »

@npolovenko Everything is internal to our network.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

crrussell3 wrote:We are going to look at rebuilding our Fusion server by hand with Centos7, Mysql 5.5 or MariaDB, etc.
Please let us know the results. Also, please be aware that we will be closed on December 25-26 and January 1-2.
crrussell3

Post by crrussell3 »

Just wanted to supply an update to this. We have been slowly working on a new server running RHEL7 w/MariaDB10.x. We have currently engaged our DBAs and are working with them to get them up to speed on MariaDB performance tuning. One question we did have, is can we split out the DB from the Fusion app server like you can with XI? Is this a supported configuraiton?
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

crrussell3 wrote:is can we split out the DB from the Fusion app server like you can with XI? Is this a supported configuraiton?
If you look in the /usr/local/nagiosfusion/html/config.inc.php you will see the option for a host. However, we currently have no documentation on offloading. Offloading for fusion is not part of our QA process. We will not be able to help (much, maybe really at all) with the actual offloading, however, if you are able to successfully offload, we will continue to support fusion.

I suspect this is in the config.inc.php because this is a feature we plan on supporting in the future. There may already be some work on this from the devs, and they may be able to provide some help if you understand that it may not work since it is something we have not QAed. Would you like me to check with the developers about the progress on that?
crrussell3

Post by crrussell3 »

dwhitfield,
If you could check with them that would be great. We are going to go ahead and see if we can get it to work on our end. I will keep you updated on our progress.

Thanks!
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@crrussell3, Sounds good, I'll leave this thread open for a while. As far as officially supporting the offloading, I'm waiting on more info from our developers. I will try to post here with updates. You can also keep an eye on the dev roadmap: https://www.nagios.com/roadmaps/
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.