Fused Core/XI Health check

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
gwakem

Fused Core/XI Health check

Post by gwakem »

Hey all, I have ~215 Nagios Core servers fused into Fusion 4.1.2, with the fused hosts at remote locations monitoring anywhere between 9-30 hosts and between 9-120 services. The Nagios core hosts that are fused in powered by PoE, so we can remotely reset it in the event of an issue, but that cuts both ways when the switches they are connected to are... less than reliable at times.

I noticed that one of the features that Fusion 4.1 could potentially include was health checking for the fused core/xi servers. RIght now, we don't have a way to know if a fused server isn't responding (likely due to a PoE blip,) except to load a tactical summary page that loads everything, and then eyeball for Core servers showing up with 0 hosts and 0 services. Which gets to my question:

Is this something that is planned for release soonish? If not, I will need to have my local XI server check those remote hosts so we can tell when there's an issue. I just didn't want to do that, only to find that Fusion picked up some sort of similar functionality in a point release a month or two later.
--
Griffin Wakem
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Fused Core/XI Health check

Post by lmiltchev »

Currently, Fusion will only show if hosts being monitored are down, not whether the core/xi server monitoring the host is down. Our developers informed me that this functionality may be added in the future but not any time soon (not within the next several months for sure). So, you would have to use your local XI server to check the remote hosts for the time being. Thank you!
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
gwakem

Re: Fused Core/XI Health check

Post by gwakem »

Ok, I will go that route, thank you for checking. Someone may want to update or clarify the Fusion roadmap entry stating potential inclusion of " XI/Core server health checking" in 4.1. :)
Safe to lock.
--
Griffin Wakem