Dashboard Deploy problems

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
gwakem

Dashboard Deploy problems

Post by gwakem »

On Fusion 4.1.2, I have created a custom dashboard with just open problems summary and open host problems. I have deployed the dashboard from the "deploy dashboards" area to the user, making sure I select "Home" and "Screen".

Home puts them in their dashboards section, and Screen puts it on the landing page.. Kinda. It worked in that it pushes the dashboard out but when I masquerade as that user, I find that it has just dropped the two dashlets right on top of their login. Meaning the two dashlets completely cover the menu on the side, the "Nagios Fusion Home Views Dashboards Servers Help" ribbon on top, and the default dashboard is still below everything else. It didn't so much replace their landing page as it did drop the two dashlets right on top of their screen.

I tried this with my personal user and a different dashboard, and found the same thing happened. Except this time, it was much worse as this dashboard covered pretty much everything on the entire screen. This doesn't seem like the intended behavior. ;)
--
Griffin Wakem
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Dashboard Deploy problems

Post by lmiltchev »

Let's try to clarify what the main issue is. So, when you deploy dashboards to users, using the "Home" radio button, the users' home page is overwritten as expected, correct? The issue is when you select the "Screen" radio button. In this case, the dashboard would cover the menus. Am I right? I am pretty sure that you could move dashlets around or resize them in order to be able to view the menus, even though this is a nuisance.

Having a dashboard, deployed to the screen would cover things - this is to be expected. However, the menus shouldn't be covered. Our developers are looking into this as we speak. Any more information that you could provide would be helpful.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
gwakem

Post by gwakem »

Originally I assumed that selecting the home radio button would make this dashboard their landing page when they log in. It did not do this. Their original landing page remained the same with no change. The dashboard I selected as "home" did end up as the landing page when you select the Dashboard links however.

This was why I then selected screen, as the home radio button didn't accomplish what I expected it to. And your statement is correct, the dashlets then covered the landing page upon login, including the screens.

I was able to move the menus around for all of the users I added. This was painful due to having to log into nagiosadmin, hit users, masquerade, fix, log out, log back in as nagiosadmin, etc.
--
Griffin Wakem
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Originally I assumed that selecting the home radio button would make this dashboard their landing page when they log in. It did not do this. Their original landing page remained the same with no change. The dashboard I selected as "home" did end up as the landing page when you select the Dashboard links however.
This is strange. Selecting the home radio button *should* make this dashboard their landing page... well, provided they are using their "Home Dashboard" as a "Home Page Destination", NOT "Static Home Page" or "Custom Destination".
example01.PNG
If for example, they are using "Home Page Destination = Static Home Page", deploying a dashboard to their Home page will indeed overwrite their Home dashboard, but it will not end up as being their "landing page".

I hope this makes sense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gwakem

Post by gwakem »

That does make sense. These were newly created users via importing form AD. They had not even been notified the accounts were created yet.
I just tested by importing a new user, and found that the they start with Home Page Destination: Default (Static).
I pushed the dashboard out to them, selecting the home radio button, and confirmed the landing page remained the same. The dashboard does show up in their dashboards area.
Under admin, I changed the home page destination from "Default (Static)" to "Home Dashboard" globally. That corrected the issue. I am not sure if it is intended that whomever admins the fusion server should set that globally before pushing the home radio button, or if selecting the home radio button is supposed to change the home page destination to home dashboard for them. I was under the belief that it would make the change for them.
If you need any more information, please let me know. Otherwise this appears to be resolved at the global config level, so feel free to lock.
--
Griffin Wakem
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

Yeah, it says in the help that the deployed dashboard will override the user's home dashboard, not the landing page (whatever that is).
example01.PNG
I will be locking this topic. Feel free to start a new thread if you have more questions. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.