MariaDB high CPU usage

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
hbouma

MariaDB high CPU usage

Post by hbouma »

We are running Fusion 4.1.5 on a Red Hat 7 64bit VM. It is monitoring 6 Nagios XI instances (5.5.1). Between all Nagios XI servers, we are monitoring a total of 17 hosts and 271 services currently. We have 2 cores and 4GB of RAM for the Fusion server, 4 CPU cores and 16GB of RAM for the Nagios XI servers. We have 284 users on each Nagios XI and the Fusion server. The users are mapped.

The mariadb instance is taking up between 35% and 90% of the total CPUs available and everytime that the poll_subsys.php runs, it kills our Nagios XI performance by using 90% of the CPU's.
2018-08-21 10_29_18-Post a new topic • Support Forum • Nagios.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: MariaDB high CPU usage

Post by cdienger »

Have you gone through https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... Tuning.pdf at all? I would recommend setting the memory to 1GB and the number of pollers to 6 right of the bat.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
hbouma

Post by hbouma »

Changes made to Polling memory and number of polls. Other settings were already in place.

CPU on the XI servers still hitting 90% or more when the Fusion poll_subsys.php events occur.

I am seeing the following in the logs from Fusion:

/usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/log/poll_subsys.log

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function debugDumpParams() on a non-object in /usr/local/nagiosfusion/html/includes/classes/db.inc.php on line 589

/usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/log/poll_subsys.7.USERNAME.log

Code: Select all

2018-08-21 16:26:08[s: 0, u: 0] poll_server() unable to poll data for SERVERNAME, u:USERNAME, poll:nagiosxi_bpi
2018-08-21 16:26:08[s: 0, u: 0] poll_server() CHECK YOUR LIVE_DATA_TIMEOUT SETTINGS. IT MAY NEED INCREASED
Polling settings are as follows:
2018-08-21 16_28_57-Administration · Nagios Fusion.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Can I assume that SERVERNAME and USERNAME are replacement for actual values or is that is what is actually printed? Does performance improve if you remove that server? Please zip and PM us complete files from today.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
hbouma

Post by hbouma »

Yes, SERVERNAME and USERNAME are replaced with the actual servername and username in the log file.

There are 2 CPU issues going on.

1: The Mariadb proccess on the Fusion server is always running at up to 90% of the total CPU's.

2: When the poll_subsys.php processes runs, it spikes the CPU on the Nagios XI box to 90% or more. This starts and ends as soon as the Fusion server starts/stops running the poll_subsys.php against that server. Issue occurs on all 6 Nagios XI boxes.
hbouma

Post by hbouma »

I am having trouble sending a PM with the log files. There are over 1,000 log files in the 74KB tar.gz file, and the PM page on the forums freezes anytime I attempt to attach the file via IE or Google Chrome.
hbouma

Post by hbouma »

Zip files sent via PMs. I had to split it into 3 to get around the timeout issue caused by our security checks scanning the uploaded files.
hbouma

Post by hbouma »

Good afternoon.

Any update with this? We are at a standstill implementing Nagios out to our environment until we can clear up this issue.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

Yes, we've received the files and are looking into the matter. I can tell that we'll have to do some digging into this and it may be best to open a ticket instead to make file transfers easier. Please do so at https://support.nagios.com/tickets/
hbouma

Post by hbouma »

A ticket has been created.