XI Operations Center screen in Fusion Dashboard?

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
DFaught

XI Operations Center screen in Fusion Dashboard?

Post by DFaught »

Hi,

I am trying to show the XI Operations Center screen in a Fusion Dashboard, actually several XI Operations Center screens in several Fusion Dashboards, so that they can be cycled through with Views. Is there a way to handle the authentication to all the XI servers to make this work?

Yes, I know there is an Operations Center screen in Fusion. We may use that at some point, but it is not really what I am looking for.

I did find on the Forum how to allow the XI screen to be shown in a frame and that part works.

The problem I am having appears to be with the authentication to the XI servers. If I use the full URL to the XI Operations Center screen, it will show the page once but it very quickly goes to a "Your session has timed out" message. It seems like if I log into each XI server independently of Fusion and then go to Fusion in the same browser, maybe it would work?

Thank you for any help or direction you can provide.
tgriep
Madmin

Re: XI Operations Center screen in Fusion Dashboard?

Post by tgriep »

What version of Nagios XI is the server running?
If you go to the Admin > System Settings menu and go to the Security Tab, what do you have set for the Session Timeout and do you have it enabled?

What version of Fusion are you running?

I did a quick test using the Permalink and is seemed to work for me.
Can you describe the steps you are using to create the dashboard in Fusion so I can see if I can recreate the issue?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
DFaught

Post by DFaught »

We are running Nagios XI version 5.5.5 and Fusion version 4.1.7. Also using Chrome browser version 73.0.3683.

The Admin->SystemSettings->Security Session Timeout is set to zero and the Keep Alive is checked.

To create the dashboard in Fusion, I click on Dashboards in the main menu, then click Dashboard Tools->Manage Dashboards on the top left. THen I Add a Dashboard, give it a name, and Add Dashboard. Then I click Available Dashlets and add the Custom URL dashlet with the permalink URL to the dashboard that I just added. Then I select that dashboard from My Dashboards on the left and expand the dashlet to most of the available screen space.

Using the permalink works only as long as I am still logged into the XI server in a different tab of the same browser as I try to use the Fusion dashboard Custom URL dashlet.

If I completely close the browser and then log back in to Fusion and go to the dashboard that has the Custom URL dashlet with the permalink for the XI Operations Screen, first I get the XI login screen, which is fine, and then I get a truncated version of the XI Operations Screen. I have attached a screen shot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tgriep
Madmin

Post by tgriep »

I setup a test similar to yours, I am using XI 5.5.11 and Chrome as a browser, after the first initial login to the XI server in the dashlet, when I exited the browser and came back, it did login to the server.
Try that and see if that works.

I did get the view to the NOC to show in the dashlet better.
In the XI server, go to the Admin > System Settings menu and click on the Security tab.
Go to the bottom and disable the Frame Restrictions.
Update the settings
Go to the Backward Compatibility tab and Allow Insecure Logins.
Update the settings

Go to the Home screen and right click the Operations Center link and copy the link.
Use that in the dashlet on the Fusion server.

I only tested with a non SSL enabled XI server so if you have SSL, it may not work.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
DFaught

Post by DFaught »

Thanks for your help.

I have never really gotten this to work well enough for our Op Center to use it, but have had the best luck by right-clicking the Operations Center item on the left and copying the URL that way, rather than using a permalink, as you suggested.
npolovenko
Support Tech

Post by npolovenko »

@DFaught, Please let us know if it's ok to close the thread?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.