Custom XI user not show alerts in Fusion

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
elade

Custom XI user not show alerts in Fusion

Post by elade »

I have a user which has only service group alerts (without hosts).
This user is not admin.
When I connect to local XI with user I can see all the services and the alerts.
I want to connect this user to Fusion.
In the Fused screen the credentials are OK.
In auth.log there are no errors and I see all the data and alerts.
Using php /usr/local/nagiosfusion/cron/poll_subsys.php --server 1--user user --debug I get all the data.

Any idea way I can't see the alerts under that user?

Fusion 4.1.6
XI 5.6.11
benjaminsmith

Re: Custom XI user not show alerts in Fusion

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Elade,

Just to confirm, for this user in Naigos Fusion do you have Server User Mappings enabled? If not, please enable this and test again.

If so, can you send a screenshot of this user's permission settings so I can try to re-create this on my test system? Thanks, Benjamin
user-perms.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
elade

Post by elade »

User permission is only Can access advanced features

The user is working OK in local XI.
I use nagiosadmin user in Fusion to view my dashboard and when adding the remote XI user into Fusion don't see anything.

My problem is that Fusion doesn't show anything when I fused this user in my dashboard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi @elade,

Thanks for the screenshot. I set this up on a test server, not the exact same version as yours, but it is working.

A few general questions about your environment. How many fused servers do you have? And how many mapped user accounts are setup?

Let's login to the Fusion GUI and go to the Admin > System Settings menu. Then change the Log Level to Trace and enable writing to the Fusion log and debug file and select Update Settings.

Let the system run for a while and then post a tail output of the following logs to thread.

Code: Select all

tail -n 20 /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/log/fusion.log
tail -n 20 /usr/local/nagiosfusion/var/log/fusion.debug
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!