Network Traffic

This support forum board is for questions relating to Nagios Fusion.
gregwhite

Network Traffic

Post by gregwhite »

We are looking at moving Fusion to a VM. Our manager wants to make sure that it won't flood the VMnetwork. Would Fusion generate that much traffic or would we be fine?

Thanks,
Greg
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: Network Traffic

Post by ssax »

Fusion doesn't generally use a lot of traffic, I've seen people run it across some pretty slow lines. I kind of depends on how large your setup is and how many users on each.

How large are the systems that Fusion is polling (how many total hosts/services)? How many total users on each of the systems Fusion is polling? How many total servers is Fusion polling and what type are they? (XI/Core)

Thank you!
gregwhite

Post by gregwhite »

Thank you for your response.
Currently there are only two systems in Fusion. Our production NagiosXI system which has 2200 hosts and 13,600 services. The second system is the backup to our production. The monitoring engine is turned off to minimize network traffic. We will be adding our log server at some point. If it is only talking to 3 systems, I didn't think it would generate enough VM Network traffic to flood the network. But not knowing how fusion is getting its information I wanted to check in with you to be sure.

Greg
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

I don't think you'll have any issues with that unless your network is already close to overloading.

I don't know the exact sizes of the data that comes over but how many users are on the XI system?

I can lab it up and get an idea.