SMS Authentication feature

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ericssonvietnam

SMS Authentication feature

Post by ericssonvietnam »

Hi Team,

We want SMS feature on nagios so that we can replace ticketing feature of nagios with SMS feature. We have SMS Gateway configured at our client. We need SMS feature to be integrated with our nagios server so that for every failure SMS is trigerred. Please sugggest.
rkennedy

Re: SMS Authentication feature

Post by rkennedy »

Does the SMS gateway have a way to interface to it? As long as there is an API of some sort to send messages through it, you should be able to craft up a script to serve as the communication between the two.

Let us know what further information you're able to provide, and we can help you with the Nagios portion.
Former Nagios Employee
ericssonvietnam

Suppose we have one client and one nagios server, As configured if anything went wrong on the client a SMS should be triggered. Is there any way we can look forward for such feature in nagios core
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

ericssonvietnam wrote:Suppose we have one client and one nagios server, As configured if anything went wrong on the client a SMS should be triggered. Is there any way we can look forward for such feature in nagios core
You would just need to configure that client as a contact to all of the related hosts / services in Core.
Former Nagios Employee
ericssonvietnam

Please share the procedure how we can enable such feature.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

I'm not sure I understand your issue. Have you looked through https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf ? I think that's what you want, but if not could you explain in more detail what you are trying to do?
ericssonvietnam

Hi,

Yes i am looking for the same feature. But that is possible in nagiosxi... While we are using Nagios Core... Please share the procedure to enable SMS notification feature in NAgios Core
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

ericssonvietnam wrote:Hi,

Yes i am looking for the same feature. But that is possible in nagiosxi... While we are using Nagios Core... Please share the procedure to enable SMS notification feature in NAgios Core
You can either setup your own script to send them, or set the contact's email to yournumber@carriersms.fqdn which should work. As I mentioned above, if you're not looking to go this route then we'll need more information.
rkennedy wrote:Does the SMS gateway have a way to interface to it? As long as there is an API of some sort to send messages through it, you should be able to craft up a script to serve as the communication between the two.

Let us know what further information you're able to provide, and we can help you with the Nagios portion.
Former Nagios Employee