Changes to servicegroup are not being applied

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
dgianetti

Changes to servicegroup are not being applied

Post by dgianetti »

Currently running Nagios XI 5.6.3. I've encountered a problem with one of my servicegroups. I have created two groups to keep track of production and non-production services. In trying to add a bunch of services to the production service group, I've found that the changes aren't being made. It was working to begin with and I tried doing a huge load of about 700 services. A couple days later I noticed they weren't there. When I tried to add them again, the change wouldn't take. I tried doing them in smaller batches and the first few worked, then it started happening again. Now, it won't take a single new service being added to the group.

From core config, I go to Manage Servicegroups, then to my 'production-services' group, then Manage Services. I add all the services I need from the left window, moving them to the right, then click 'close'. Back on the service group page I click save. When it was working, there was some delay before being brought back to the main core config page, where it would show there were unapplied changes to the config. Now, it goes there almost immediately and it doesn't detect any changes were made.

I have been looking though posts and have tried running DB repair, but it doesn't help. I've also been combing through the logs and found a few various warnings that I've fixed, also without any change.

Basically, the transition from the servicegroups page back to the main core config page is happening so quickly that it seems it's just discarding the changes. The fact it does't 'see' any config changes that need applying further confirms the issue.
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Changes to servicegroup are not being applied

Post by lmiltchev »

First, check if your system and PHP time is in sync. Go to:
Admin > System Config > System Profile > View System Info
and make sure that time is synced.

Example:
Date/Time
PHP Timezone: US/Central
PHP Time: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 11:08:58 -0500
System Time: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 11:08:58 -0500
Do you see any config errors when you use the Config File Management tool? If not, are the changes applied after running the tool?
CCM > Tools > Config File Management > Delete Files > Write Configs > Verify Files > If there are no errors, apply configuration
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!