Nagios core 2.1.4 end of service/life?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
anthonywong

Nagios core 2.1.4 end of service/life?

Post by anthonywong »

Hi Support,
Client is asking when is the end of service/life for nagios core 2.1.4 for their audit request.

Thanks and Regards,
Anthony
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: Nagios core 2.1.4 end of service/life?

Post by scottwilkerson »

I don't even think there ever was a 2.1.4, 2.x came out in 2006, Nagios 3 came out in 2007 and Nagios 4 in 2013.

While a 2.x version may still work, it would not be supported by Nagios Enterprises and there is also the potential that it could contain security vulnerabilities that have been discovered and fixed over the last 14 years in newer versions.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
anthonywong

Post by anthonywong »

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the prompt response. Apologizes for my typo, is 2.14 not 2.1.4.

May I assume that this version of core is already end of life/support?

Thanks and Regards,
Anthony
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

anthonywong wrote:May I assume that this version of core is already end of life/support?
Correct
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
anthonywong

Post by anthonywong »

Hi Support,
May I have exact date of End of Life? Client's auditor required date for the record.

Thanks and Regards,
Anthony
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

It's hard to say with open source software, but a good date to put down would be February 26, 2008. On GitHub, that the last commit on Nagios Core 3.0rc3, right before Nagios Core 3.0 was released.

Edit:
Something sounds a little suspicious here. Just to confirm, are you talking about Nagios Core, or NRPE? Can you show us the command that you're using to get the 2.14 version?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!