Error failed to update data....

Information and discussions relating to the Nagios V-Shell web interface.

Re: Error failed to update data....

Postby Kilvador » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:24 am

dwhitfield wrote:In /etc/php.ini. please change the following to the listed numbers (unless the numbers are higher than these):

Code: Select all
max_execution_time = 60
    max_input_time = 120
    memory_limit = 256M


Also, please add the following line:
max_input_vars = 10000

After making these changes you'll need to restart the httpd service:

# service httpd restart

We've seen some issues with people using non-repo versions of PHP on Red Hat. You appear to be using a newer version. Is it possible for you to go back to PHP 5.3.3, at least for testing purposes?


1. After this php.ini settings, "Hostgroups" are shown very well, "Toggle Grid" is working fine.
2. "Servicegroups" are shown well too, but "Toggle Grid" is Not working at all. No logs.
3. Also, I can not see icon image for Nagiosgraph, that I am using in Nagios Core.
4. Downgrade php to 5.3.3 is not possible, sorry.

Is there another Theme for Nagiosvshell?
Kilvador
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:09 am
Location: Russia, PAO MegaFon

Re: Error failed to update data....

Postby kyang » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:49 am

It's good to see hostgroups and servicegroups are working now. Except for the "Grid" on service groups.

As for the Nagios graph in Nagios Core, could you give me a screenshot of what you mean?

Another theme for Nagios Vshell would be the other link and not the 2.x vshell. --> It looks different than the 2.x, you can see the images below as well.

https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/nagiosvshell

https://labs.nagios.com/2011/09/19/nagi ... 8-release/
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
kyang
Support Tech
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Re: Error failed to update data....

Postby Kilvador » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:47 am

kyang wrote:It's good to see hostgroups and servicegroups are working now. Except for the "Grid" on service groups.

As for the Nagios graph in Nagios Core, could you give me a screenshot of what you mean?

Another theme for Nagios Vshell would be the other link and not the 2.x vshell. --> It looks different than the 2.x, you can see the images below as well.

https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/nagiosvshell

https://labs.nagios.com/2011/09/19/nagi ... 8-release/


On this screenshot you can see my nagiosgraph integration: mouseover on graph icon for Load Average. This icons and graphs are not shown in vshell.

Have not got any theme screenshots, thet are Realy different from current version.
Attachments
NAGIOS1.png
Load Average graph
Kilvador
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:09 am
Location: Russia, PAO MegaFon

Re: Error failed to update data....

Postby kyang » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:36 am

I see what you mean. Thanks.

I don't think nagiosgraph was ever implemented with Nagios VShell.

Here's an old thread I found that says so, but someone in 2016 did post some "code" that says it adds the function of viewing the graph.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2857

Although, I don't see the same files in the 2.x branch.

The code is related to the other link for VShell since it has the fetch_icons.php.
https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/na ... /www/views

Hope this helps answers some of your questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
kyang
Support Tech
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Re: Error failed to update data....

Postby Kilvador » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:48 am

kyang wrote:I see what you mean. Thanks.

I don't think nagiosgraph was ever implemented with Nagios VShell.

Here's an old thread I found that says so, but someone in 2016 did post some "code" that says it adds the function of viewing the graph.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2857

Although, I don't see the same files in the 2.x branch.

The code is related to the other link for VShell since it has the fetch_icons.php.
https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/na ... /www/views

Hope this helps answers some of your questions.



Thnks kyang!

It is very usefull info for me!

But what about Servicegroup grid? What can I do for you to find out an error?
Kilvador
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:09 am
Location: Russia, PAO MegaFon

Re: Error failed to update data....

Postby kyang » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:24 am

Are you able to view the status grid from your Nagios Core UI? This might go back to when I said the Vshell 2.x branch never really got out of beta testing. There are probably a few bugs in there.

Is the service group grid the only grid that isn't working? How is your host group grid?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
kyang
Support Tech
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Re: Error failed to update data....

Postby Kilvador » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:06 pm

kyang wrote:Are you able to view the status grid from your Nagios Core UI? This might go back to when I said the Vshell 2.x branch never really got out of beta testing. There are probably a few bugs in there.

Is the service group grid the only grid that isn't working? How is your host group grid?


Hello!

As I said before, Hostgroups grid is working fine. In Core interface everything is working fine too. Just Servicegroups grid is not working in Nagiosvshell.

My problems now solved, without Servicegroups grid. This tread can be closed, I think, with [SOLVED] status.
Kilvador
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:09 am
Location: Russia, PAO MegaFon

Re: Error failed to update data....

Postby kyang » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:36 am

Sounds good. I'll be closing this topic.

Thank you for using the Nagios Support Forum!
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
kyang
Support Tech
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Previous

Return to Nagios V-Shell

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest