Reflect status in browser title bar

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
bobc

Reflect status in browser title bar

Post by bobc »

Hi all,

I'm new here so I hope this is the place to show how we modified Nagios to reflect the current status in the title bar, so for tabbed browsers you can simply glance and the tab is see if everything is OK.

Edit cgi/status.c to add "nowrap" to host column (line 1671). /* because I don't like it when hostnames wrap */

Before the main() code add a global variable:

Code: Select all

int title_problems = 0;
Add the following code before the return() statement in show_host_status_totals() and show_service_status_totals():

title_problems += total_problems;
And finally add the following code before the return() statement in main():

if(title_problems == 0)
        printf("<script> top.document.title='OK - Freedom Communications Nagios';</script>\n");
    else
        printf("<script> top.document.title='PROBLEMS - Freedom Communications Nagios';</script>\n");
Edit cgi/tac.c and add the following code return before the return statement in main():

if((total_hosts == hosts_up) && (total_services == services_ok))
        printf("<script> top.document.title='OK - Freedom Communications Nagios';</script>\n");
    else
        printf("<script> top.document.title='PROBLEMS - Freedom Communications Nagios';</script>\n");
Hope this helps others.

Thanks,
Bob.