Built-in plugin help in XI

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
cwscribner

Built-in plugin help in XI

Post by cwscribner »

The Idea: A page or widget that allows a user to view pertinent help text regarding a specific plugin.

The Use: I realized during a training session recently that there wasn't any built-in help for plugin usage when I was describing how to add a host/service. You select a check plugin but all it gives you is non-descriptive information. This feature would appear hopefully under the Commands or Manage Plugins sections as an information button that will print out the --help text when clicked, and possibly some suggested usages. This would be extremely helpful for training new users who aren't also Linux users.
mguthrie

Re: Built-in plugin help in XI

Post by mguthrie »

Great feedback, this is actually something that we're going to implement with the new Nagios CCM. On the command definitions page there will be a dropdown list of all of the existing plugins and you'll be able to run the plugin with the help flag and display the output directly in the browser.

http://labs.nagios.com/2011/08/09/nagio ... arly-beta/