Ram Access Time

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
DamianMGS

Ram Access Time

Post by DamianMGS »

Hello to all,

Can anyone give me directions on how to get the Memory RAM Access Time by implementing Nagios Plug in.
By RAM Access Time i mean the ability to monitor/record an access on a page upon RAM.

I am running CentOS7. Any ideas maybe?
I have not found any command that gives me that kind of information.

My Regards,
Damian
rkennedy

Re: Ram Access Time

Post by rkennedy »

What exactly are you looking to monitor? I'm a little bit confused based on your description -
Time i mean the ability to monitor/record an access on a page upon RAM.
Have you taken a look to see if anything on our Exchange would work for you? https://exchange.nagios.org/
Former Nagios Employee
DamianMGS

Post by DamianMGS »

Hello,

Let me make it more clear.
I want to know the speed that the Bus read/writes data from/to DRAM (for example measure of Byte/second)
I have looked at the exchange but i did not find anything that matches a monitor capability for the Bus of DRAM.

Maybe any ideas?
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

That helps, thanks for clarifying.

Off the top of my head, I don't know of anything. Are you able to get the result you're looking to bring into Nagios through Bash / Powershell / any kind of CLI way at all? If so we can probably turn it into a plugin.
Former Nagios Employee
DamianMGS

Post by DamianMGS »

Hello. Yes this could happen. I'll let you know. Thanks for the repsonse
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

Sounds good, if you're able to get a bit of logic going to get the data in to a variable let me know and I'd be happy to see what I can do.
Former Nagios Employee