Organizing Objects in CCM

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
gomatze

Organizing Objects in CCM

Post by gomatze »

Hello there,

as the Host List grows ever bigger i was wondering if it would be possible to launch some Tools to organize the Hosts and Services in the CCM.
Momentarily i have a List of about 4000 Hosts and often find myself scrolling for my life in that List.

Would it be possible to add something like a Folder System to order these Hosts into...
I would for example like to divide the List into Folders like Bodyshop Paintshop Assembly and subfolders. Same for Services.
Maybe These Folders could be used for the Bulk Modification Wizard as well.
HOMO SUM HUMANI NIHIL A ME ALIENUM PUTO
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Organizing Objects in CCM

Post by dwhitfield »

We already have host groups and service groups. Could you elaborate on what is missing from those?
gomatze

Post by gomatze »

Ist working in the Tool alright, but what i miss is the possibility to order my host entrys in CCM.
Actually i have ca. 4000 Host entrys in there and there are 6000 more to come. That will make me scroll around in a list of about 10000 Host entrys. :shock:
But maybe there is a way to offer additional Navigation...
I imagine it to be easier to put my Host entrys into Folders and subfolders. Doing so would give a possibility to Access a subfolder with no more than a couple of entrys in one List view.
Like so (as a quick example with txt files):
000085.jpg
Just an idea though... :idea:
HOMO SUM HUMANI NIHIL A ME ALIENUM PUTO
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

There should be a dropdown above the CCM for sorting by config name, so you can see all services belonging to a particular host. Otherwise there is the search feature to narrow down as well. Combine that with pagination and you should be able to find what you need fairly quickly.
Former Nagios employee