Re trigger an alert on Acknowledged event

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
sherm4n

Re trigger an alert on Acknowledged event

Post by sherm4n »

Hi
Just wondering does Nagios XI supports re-trigger an acknowledged event after per-defined period of time? if not, would it be possible to implement it as a new feature on future release.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Re trigger an alert on Acknowledged event

Post by dwhitfield »

Can you explain what you mean by "re-trigger acknowledged event"? Do you mean that if someone acknowledges the event but the event is not fixed within a certain amount of time it will start notifications again? This could be done with event handlers, but there's nothing built into the acknowledgement or service escalation to allow for this.

If you can confirm I understand what you want, then I would be happy to put in a feature request. Putting in a feature request does not guarantee its inclusion.
sherm4n

Post by sherm4n »

Hi dwhitfield,

Thanks for for quick response, you're 100% spot on, that is exactly what we want. you mentioned we can achieve that with event handlers as "work around", would you mind explain it more. thanks
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

I have created internal feature request (FR) 11345 for this issue. Please reference this # if you wish to check on the status.

That said, are we ready to close this ticket or did you want to add more to the request?