Suggestions

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
srrhd

Suggestions

Post by srrhd »

Hi,

Here are few ideas that i would find cool to add or modify:
  • Wizards: it would be great to be able to choose the templates to use with the host or the services.
    Switch/Routeur Wizard: As the bandwidth service provide a critical alerte when the interface is down, the status check isn't really useful. It would be cool to have an "uncheck all" for the status, and have an option to to reverse the status (send alarm when interface comes UP).
    Graphs: I love so much your graph explorer component, i'd love to have this design for all performance graph.
    Fusion: In a distributed architecture it could be useful to have the possibilty to have reports combining results from differents NagiosXI servers.
    Renaming: As Services often have the name of the ralated host, when renaming the host it could also rename the services.
    Backup/Restore: A new feture to allow the backup of the configuration on the localhost or a remote server by ftp or scp with also the possibility of restoring the configuration.
Configuration:
Nagios XI 2014R2.5
manually upgraded on 64bits CentOS 6
with nothing extra, no gnome, no proxy, no SSL
Add-ons: Hypermap, Minemap, Ping Action, Traceroute Action, Network Replay, Graph Explorer, Latest Alert
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Suggestions

Post by lmiltchev »

srrhd,

Thank you for your suggestions! I moved your post to the "Nagios Ideas", which is a more appropriate place for it.
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!