probleme !! nagiosxi can't save my configuration!!!

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Nagiosxii

probleme !! nagiosxi can't save my configuration!!!

Post by Nagiosxii »

hello! i have a probleme with nagiosxi, when i restart it i lost all my configuration also the local host, i should keep it pause to not lost it,this probleme , take a lot of my time cuz i have to reconfigure the hotes and add it , evry time i restart my nagiosxi server !
please if you can help me i will be very thankxful!
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: probleme !! nagiosxi can't save my configuration!!!

Post by dwhitfield »

Are you modifying config files rather than modifying the database? Did you put your database on a ramdisk or something? Also, what is a "hote"?

Can you PM me your Profile? You can download it by going to Admin > System Config > System Profile and click the ***Download Profile*** button towards the top. If for whatever reason you *cannot* download the profile, please put the output of View System Info (5.3.4+, Show Profile if older) in the thread (that will at least get us some info). This will give us access to many of the logs we would otherwise ask for individually. If security is a concern, you can unzip the profile take out what you like, and then zip it up again. We may end up needing something you remove, but we can ask for that specifically.

After you PM the profile, please update this thread. Updating this thread is the only way for it to show back up on our dashboard.
Nagiosxii

Post by Nagiosxii »

no i didn't put my configuration in ramdisk, but i lost all the configuration ,for all the hotes (localhost, agent windows)
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

If you send me the profile as described above, then I can look at your log files. Did you modify config files or did you use the CCM? Modifying config files is not going to work in XI unless you are using the static directory: https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... ios-XI.pdf