MONITORING 20 ORDINATEURS

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Nagiosxii

MONITORING 20 ORDINATEURS

Post by Nagiosxii »

hello!
please , i have a question ! how can i monitore 20 ordinateurs at same time , withouth configuring snmp in evry ordinateur alone? ,it is possible to monitore a group of computers at the same time with nagiosxi? evry computer need a nom community alone or i can use just one community for all my computers ??
thank you a lot for your efforts this is the first forum succefful i have seen !!
bonne continuation !!
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: MONITORING 20 ORDINATEURS

Post by dwhitfield »

Nagiosxii wrote: i can use just one community for all my computers ??
If you are asking about using the same community string for each device, yes, that is fine.

Please try to stick to English. It was easy enough to look up what a ordinateur is, but we have many support requests every day and it just delays responses.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any manuals we have in French, but you may find https://library.nagios.com/library/prod ... i/manuals/ useful.
Nagiosxii

Post by Nagiosxii »

okey!
ordinateur, means computers i'm asking about, how can i monitoring 20 computers at the same time !
cuz i have to monitore 20 computers at sime time with snmp, so is there any wizard can do that ?
just i tap the pool of address ip of my computers ? cuz if i configure evry computer alone it take my all time , i have to configure 20 computer , and add their address ip in nagiosxi
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

If you want to change the snmp settings on a variety of computers, you'll need something like chef, puppet, salt, ansible, etc. Unless you are using some sort of event handler, Nagios does not change settings on remote machines, it monitors remote machines.

SNMP is not required for checks. You could also use NCPA, for example. You'll still need some sort of tool to install and configure NCPA on all of those devices, or you'll need to do it by hand.

There's also NRPE, or if the machines are Windows, WMI or NSClient.

People check 1000s of devices with Nagios. 20 should really not be a problem.
Nagiosxii

Post by Nagiosxii »

yes all my computers use operation system windows!
what the differents between nsclient and snmp , ncpa?
what i should i use to monitore my devices , which one can give me more informations about my devices !
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

SNMP: This has been around for a long time. You will for sure be able to find resources in French.
NCPA: Unlike the other two, this is something we wrote. However, you are unlikely to find resources in French.
NSClient: been around longer than NCPA. I suspect you are more likely to find resources in French, but I don't know for sure.

You didn't ask specifically about it, but WMI may be your best bet for doing the least amount of setup on machines. MSFT almost certainly has WMI documentation in French.

I would suggest starting a new thread if you want to dive deep into one of those tools specifically.
Nagiosxii

Post by Nagiosxii »

can i use two wizard differents for the same device ? for exemple is it possible to monitore device windows with ncp et nsclient at the same time ?
i have another question , how can i configure wmi in my device windows ?
and what it ' Bulk Host Cloning and Import' ? for what it's used !
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Post by lmiltchev »

If you have a specific issue that you are troubleshooting at the moment, please let us know.

If you are just looking for information on various topics, related to monitoring via Nagios XI, I would recommend reviewing:

Nagios XI documentation:
https://library.nagios.com/library/prod ... mentation/

Nagios Support Knowledge Base:
https://support.nagios.com/kb/
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!