"Everything is OK" notification

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
DiegoAnjos

"Everything is OK" notification

Post by DiegoAnjos »

Hi

If you do not receive any alerts you could think that everything is fine, right?
Wrong. Maybe you are not receiving alerts because everything is dead at your office.

So, I would like that Nagios could send a daily notification telling how everything is going, such as the summary on Tactical Overview on Nagios Core.

Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks!
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Re: "Everything is OK" notification

Post by dwhitfield »

It does not appear anyone has requested this. Feel free to do so: https://github.com/NagiosEnterprises/na ... 0reporting

If it were me, I'd just set up a second Nagios Core box at a different location that checks the primary Nagios Core.
DiegoAnjos

Post by DiegoAnjos »

Hi @dwhitfield

I requested this feature but I got a reply from Bryan Heden closing the ticket telling that this will not be implemented.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

Is this a Core box or a XI box? You mention a Core example, but I just want to be sure of the feature set we have.

If XI, they you could set up a daily scheduled report.

Also, the information about Core vs. XI will allow me to move this to the "appropriate" forum. Ideas is not really inappropriate in this case, but it just doesn't get the eyes that the other two do.
DiegoAnjos

Post by DiegoAnjos »

Hi @dwhitfield

This is a Core 4.3.2 box.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

You could make this fancier, but you could just run a daily cron of the following command: /bin/mail -s "Daily Canary" youremail@yourdoman.com < /dev/null