Force all checks in multiple hosts

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
fpernet

Force all checks in multiple hosts

Post by fpernet »

Hi all,

Here are two ideas for improvement (in my opinion) and i hope i didn't miss something (maybe this already exist)

a) Under Nagios Core, we have the ability to force all services checks on one host. Under Nagios XI, we need to go to advanced tab to do so. Why not add this feature in the "Quick Actions" panel in the "Overview" tab ?

b) very often i need to force check on multiple services and multiple hosts (maybe force all checks for multiple hosts, or force a special check common to multiple hosts). It is now time coonsuming to go to each host to do so.
Why not put a quick action panel for any filtering result we do, or for hostgroups/servicegroups ? (for example through a "Mass Actions" component we can decide to install or not ?)

I hope my explanations are clear :-)

Thx in advance

Francois
npolovenko
Support Tech

Re: Force all checks in multiple hosts

Post by npolovenko »

Hello, @fpernet.

Good ideas, I will definitely pass it forward to our DEV team! A little side question: is there a particular reason as to why you need to force check many hosts/services on a regular basis. Have you considered increasing the check_interval?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
sac1472

Post by sac1472 »

Correct, if we change check_interval of let's take an example of Disk Drive using bulk modification tool and need to execute force check on all hosts or services, in such scenarios it would be really helpful. 8-)
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

@sac1472, I passed this new information on to the devs.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying about needing to force a check after changing the check_interval. Why not just let it wait until the interval time is up?